Wednesday, February 8, 2012

N O M A





I spent last Friday night with a group of friends at the New Orleans Museum of Art admiring art from new and upcoming artists

What you are seeing here:
1. A view of the NOMA
2. A picture of Joan Miro's work
3. Another view of the NOMA
4. My friend Piki's painting that we came to see!

Piki is from Cuba and he lives in New Orleans 
He got the honor of being invited to present his painting at the Noma

When I asked him what inspired him to paint this piece; he responded saying that it is about life in Cuba and how there is no free speech.; therefore most of the people in this painting have no mouths

Pretty inspiring if you ask me :) 
I absolutely loved his paintings!
If you want to learn more about Piki or just simply check out his art work go here

Sorry for the lack of photos, but I just get too damn excited when I am at events that I forget to take more! I am upset I didn't get to take a picture of the jazz band that was performing! 
They were so groovy~~

Hope you guys are having a great week!

xo

Veronica



11 comments:

  1. Que bueno que la hayas pasado bien! Y las fotos están re lindas
    Saludos!
    Que tengas una buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it <3

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous thought provoking art. It's cool how opinions and your perception of the world can be expressed through art. It's sad how in Cuba there is no freedom of speech. xo

    Ps - thank you for the primer recommendation, I will be sure to check it out next pay day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you via bloglovin!

    xx
    Lemiza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow we take things for granted with when we just shout out things not thinking politically. Painting has so much meaning. Following you too
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely inspirations. Piki's art would certainly be a hit.
    buy aion accounts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place! I wish we had such a spectacular museum in my city

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veronica, I love your blog. Great posts. I followed you on both, GFC and Bloglovin. I hope that you like my blog and follow back on both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments ♥♥♥